As a busy homeschooling mom and a Sandy Springs Newborn Photographer I’ve got a lot on my plate. I want to provide healthy whole foods for my family, but time is limited. I’m always looking for healthy, easy recipe ideas.
I was recently introduced to Chia Seed Pudding and I am hooked. Chia seeds have some amazing health benefits. They are loaded with healthy fats, antioxidants, fiber, protein and calcium. Chia seeds contain 5 times more calcium than milk and 2 tablespoons of chia seeds yields as much Omega – 3 as four ounces of salmon! They have as many antioxidants as blueberries. Chia seed pudding is a really easy way to get some essential nutrients into my family’s diet! Best of all my kids really like it.
Easy and VERY HEALTHY Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups coconut milk (we sometimes use coconut cream, which makes it even creamier!)
- ½ cup Chia Seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup (may need more if your kids like sweetness)
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1.5 cups frozen fruit
1. First, blend together all ingredients except the chia seeds.
2. Second, stir in the chia seeds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Wake up to chia seed pudding! Overnight the seeds will absorb some of the liquid, creating a pudding-like consistency. It’s sweet and yummy – great for breakfast or dessert!
This recipe has become a favorite in our family. It may look a little lumpy but it really does taste great. And just knowing that it is packed with some many amazing nutrients keeps me making it over and over for my family. Give it a try, it really couldn’t be easier!